Brookfield7

All content, of both the original Brookfield7.com and this blog, is written from my point of view and is my opinion. I believe it to be accurate at the time it is written. ~ Kyle Prast, Brookfield resident since 1986

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

...and the winner is Scott Walker!

What a night. What a year and a half! I couldn't believe they called the election for Walker  so early in the evening, as I was expecting a late night. Like many of us in the not-so-silent majority, I am very grateful to be able to put this behind us. 

Gov. Scott Walker's acceptance speech was outstanding. I would like to quote his intro here, because if you didn't see it live last night, you might miss it in the news coverage today: 
 "Wow, what a crowd!
 
First of all, I want to thank God for His abundant grace.

Next, I particularly want to thank not only you here, but people all across the state. I want to thank you for your prayers, because for the last year and a half, [it is] the thing that has sustained Tonette and I, and Matt and Alex so much, and not just at campaign events but literally at factories and farms and small businesses. 

Just about every day over the past year and a half, I've met people at every one of those stops, and what has sustained us is people, many times people I've never met before, come off the line, off the farm and tell us, Governor, we're praying for you and your family. I can't tell you what that means to me."

In addition to Gov. Walker's thanks to the Almighty, I would like to thank all the Republican volunteers for making the thousands of phone calls to get out the vote. Thank you!

The one sad note of the night was Sen. Van Wanggaard's loss in Racine County. Hopefully in November, Republicans will gain the majority in the Senate.

Enjoy your day. (It is now safe to answer the phone again!)


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home